How we use your information
Certain businesses are required under the data protection act to have a data controller. For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 our data controller is Kent Laws, Marketing Director, Signature Works Gold Ltd and can be contacted via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Collecting your personal information
We can get your personal information when you:
• Register for a specific product or service (such as registering your name and address details for a Membership with us)
• Purchase a Signature Works Membership plan
• Subscribe to newsletters, alerts or other communications services from us
• Ask us for more information about a product or service, or contact us with a question or complaint
• Take part in a competition, prize draw or survey
• Visit or browse our website
We may also collect information about you from other organisations, if this is appropriate. These include fraud-prevention agencies, business directories and credit reference agencies, our business, or joint venture partners.
The personal information we collect
The information we collect about you depends on the Signature Works products and services you use and subscribe to. It includes (but isn’t limited to) the following:
• Your name, address, phone number, date of birth and email address
• Credit or debit card information, information about your bank account number and sort code or other banking information
• Your contact with us – an email or letter you send to us or other records of any contact you have with us
• Your account information – such as dates of payment owed and received, information, the subscription services you use or any other information related to your membership.
Using your personal information
We may use and analyse your information to:
• In some circumstances we may carry out a credit check if you’re applying for a Membership to assess your application.
• Keep you informed generally about new products and services (unless you choose not to receive such marketing messages)
• Provide the relevant membership service to you.
• Contact you with offers or promotions based on how you use our membership services.
• Charge you for using our products or services, or to take the appropriate amount of credit from you
• Respond to any questions or concerns you may have about using our membership services
• Let you know about other companies’ products and services we think may interest you (including offers and discounts we’ve specially negotiated for our members)
• Understand how you use our membership services in order to develop more interesting and relevant products and services, as well as personalising the products and services we offer you
• Carry out research and statistical analysis including to monitor how members use our services on an anonymous or personal basis
• Prevent and detect fraud or other crimes, recover debts or trace those who owe us money
We’ll store your information for as long as we have to by law. If there’s no legal requirement, we’ll only store it for as long as we need it. We’ll also keep some personal information for a reasonable period after your Membership Contract has finished – just in case you decide to use our services again.
Sharing your personal information
We may share information about you with:
• Companies in the Signature Living Group
• Partners or agents involved in delivering the Membership services you’ve applied for or used
• Companies who are engaged to perform services for, on behalf of Signature Works Gold Limited, such as credit reference, fraud prevention or business scoring agencies, or other credit scoring agencies
• Debt collection agencies or other debt recovery organisations
• Law enforcement agencies, regulatory organisations, courts or other public authorities if we have to, or are authorised to by law
• Emergency services (if you make an emergency call), including your approximate location
We’ll release information if it’s reasonable for the purpose of protecting us against fraud, defending our rights or property, or to protect the interests of our Members.
We may also share your information with partner organisations we’ve chosen carefully, so they can contact you about their products and services.
Using your information to help prevent terrorism and crime
Money laundering is a serious problem worldwide and the U.K. Government requires us to screen applications that are made to us to ensure we are complying with the international fight against terrorism and other criminal activities. As a result of this we may need to disclose information about you to government bodies.
Keeping your personal information secure
We have specialised security teams who constantly review and improve our measures to protect your personal information from unauthorised access, accidental loss, disclosure or destruction.
If we have a contract with another organisation to provide us with services or a service on our behalf to process your personal information, we’ll make sure they have appropriate security measures and only process your information in the way we’ve authorised them to. These organisations won’t be entitled to use your personal information for their own purposes. If necessary, our security teams will check them to make sure they meet the security requirements we’ve set.
Communications over the internet (such as emails) aren’t secure unless they’ve been encrypted. We can’t accept responsibility for any unauthorised access or loss of personal information that’s beyond our control.
INTERNET PRIVACY & COOKIES POLICY
This policy covers all data that is shared by a visitor with us whether directly via www.signatureworks.co.uk or via email. This policy is occasionally updated by us so we suggest you re-review from time to time.
This policy provides an explanation as to what happens to any personal data that you share with us, or that we collect from you either directly via this Website or via email.
Information we collect
In operating our Website, we may collect and process the following data about you:
1.1 Details of your visits to our Website and the resources that you access including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblog statistics and other communication data.
1.2 Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Website, such as when you register to receive information such as a newsletter or contact us via the contact us page.
1.3 Information provided to us when you communicate with us for any reason.
On occasion, we may gather information about your computer for our services, and to provide statistical information regarding the use of our Website to our advertisers.
Such information will not identify you personally, it is statistical data about our visitors and their use of our site. This statistical data does not identify any personal details whatsoever. It is used by us to analyse how visitors interact with the Website so that we can continue to develop and improve this Website.
We may gather information about your general Internet use by using a cookie file that is downloaded to your computer. Where used, these cookies are downloaded to your computer automatically. This cookie file is stored on the hard drive of your computer as cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive. They help us to improve our Website and the service that we provide to you.
All computers have the ability to decline cookies. This can be done by activating the setting on your browser which enables you to decline the cookies. Please note that should you choose to decline cookies, you may be unable to access particular areas of our Website.
Any advertising featured on this Website may also incorporate cookies, over which we have no control. Such cookies (if used) would be downloaded once you click on advertisements on our Website.
For more information on cookies you can read the guidance at All About Cookies.
Third party links
You might find links to third party websites on our Website. These websites should have their own privacy policies which you should check. We do not accept any responsibility or liability for their policies whatsoever as we have no control over them.
Your privacy rights
You can write to us at any time to get a copy of the personal information we hold about you. If you believe we’re holding inaccurate information about you, please contact our Membership services team via e mail – email@example.com – so we can correct it.
If you no longer want to receive marketing messages from us, please contact our Memberships services team and you’ll be ‘opted out’. (You can get in touch with customer services through the e mail address firstname.lastname@example.org
You can choose to opt out of all marketing communications or to opt out of marketing in one of several ways (such as email, text, phone or post).